With the initiation of 46 CFR Subchapter M regulations, there are some additional training requirements that must be completed to comply with the crew safety orientation for all crewmembers. The 46 CFR Subchapter M regulations include training requirements that must be satisfied for new crewmembers before, or at the start of, their first voyage.
This eight-course curriculum will fulfill the training requirements found in 46 CFR 142.245 - Requirements for training crews to respond to fires, 46 CFR 140.410 - Safety orientation, 46 CFR 140.515 - Training requirements, and 46 CFR 140.645 - Navigation safety training.
Subchapter M - Training Series - Online
- Crew Safety Orientation
- Hazard Communication for the Workboat Industries (HAZCOM)
- Man Overboard Prevention
- Marine Confined Space: Hazard Awareness Training
- Marine Fire Prevention, Training and Response
- Maritime Lockout/Tagout Awareness Safety Training
- Navigation Safety: Watchstanding Duties, Communication and Procedures
- Step Back for Safety Series: Respiratory Protection